The number of homeowners associations continues to grow in the United States, and the majority of Americans report that they're happy to live in an HOA community... but what exactly does an association do and what is it that makes an HOA a great place to live?
- Providing solutions for managing assets, homes and helping to increase property values
- Completing work orders and budgets in a timely and efficient manner
- Assisting in creating beautiful spaces and aesthetic appeal by providing common area maintenance
- Offering partnership opportunities to local businesses and trades and setting the bar for quality of services in a community
- Finding unique ways to cultivate neighborhood connections and a sense of pride in the community
Why Live in an HOA?
There are a few widely accepted reasons that explain the benefits of living in an HOA.
- Community Appearance. By delivering services, maintaining common areas and setting standards, an HOA preserves the integrity and beauty of your neighborhood.
- Property Values. You won't have to worry about the value of your home taking a hit because a neighbor has turned his lawn into a junkyard for old cars. HOA regulations protect against community degradation.
- Amenities and Options. HOAs offer homeowners a variety of facilities and living options you might not otherwise be able to afford. Whether it's a swimming pool, walking trails, native prairie or snow removal services, an association can make life that much more enjoyable.
- Professional Management. With an HOA, preserve your neighborly relationship and ask the management company to handle any issues with a barking dog, loud parties or a dispute over a tree.
- Sense of Community. HOAs help bring people together to strengthen your neighborhood bond. They promote a sense of belonging and encourage you to be involved in the happenings in your community.
Above all, an HOA should add value to your neighborhood that goes beyond what's written in the management contract. With 50 neighborhood associations and more than 5,000 homes in its portfolio, Hubbell Community Management has a presence in nearly every community in central Iowa. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about HCM, contact us!